The La Vernia Lions Club has proudly served this community for more than 40 years. We are dedicated to serving those in our community in need. “We Serve” is not only our motto, but a definition and a philosophy. As such the Lions Club is looking for applicants who are also community and civic minded. While it is extremely important to achieve academic excellence and obtain ones personal goals, the La Vernia Lions Club feels that it is also extremely important to give back to those less fortunate along the way. That being said, this scholarship fund has been set up to help students who have demonstrated that they truly understand our motto, “We Serve”.
To qualify a student must:
1. Be a graduating high school senior that is enrolled at La Vernia High School, at the La Vernia Christian Teaching Center or as a home-schooled student living within the La Vernia Independent School District.
2. Must have plans to attend a two or four-year accredited post-secondary institution or plans to pursue advanced educational training in a career trade school.
3. Complete the application, attaching as necessary extra pages to list service projects, both within and outside school, and extracurricular activities.
4. Write an essay of no more than one page describing how he or she has demonstrated a commitment to community service.
5. Include one letter of recommendation from a person who is knowledgeable about the student’s service activities.
2014 Scholarship Recipients
Megan Amerson, Kasandra Arteaga, Zachary Balcar, Gavin Bigler, Victoria Broll, Hanna Fohn, Kyler Puhlmann, Jonathan Stanush
2013 Scholarship Recipients
Xanthe Harston, Allexandra Jimenez, Kansas Merritt, Morgan Mills, Foster Speikes, Victor Preiss, Valerie Swygard, Jacob Wiatrek
2012 Scholarship Recipients
Christina Brown, Haley Czarnek, Christopher Herrera, Trevor Kosub, Lauryn McCarthy, Yesenia Robles, Katelyn Tubbs, Rachel Walker and Brooke Young
2011 Scholarship Recipients
Trevor Barnett, Brittany Jo Blankenship, Abigail Comeaux, Timothy Gapinski, Hunter Johnson, Logan Mills, Jordan Sheppard and Kaitlynn Snow
2010 Scholarship Recipients
Megan Hester, Kaylee Jackson, Kelsey Markgraf, Nolan Mills, Rudy Paz and Benjamin Stanush
2009 Scholarship Recipients
Catheryn Eichman, Tyler Lynham, Lindsey Story and Blake Young
2008 Scholarship Recipients
Nicholas Bergstrom, Brandon Brown, Jennifer Herrera, Jeremy Knox, Kayla Kotzur and Amanda Mueller